- Guilin Day Trips
- Driver Guide: Small Group Day Tour to Longji Rice Terraces and Minority Village from Guilin
Driver Guide: Small Group Day Tour to Longji Rice Terraces and Minority Village from Guilin
Your guide will call or leave you a message the night before your tour to confirm the pick-up time.
08:15AM-08:30AM: Guilin Hotel pick up
08:45AM: Start off to Longsheng The drive from Guilin to Longsheng will be about 2 hours (100km) with a 10-minute stop en route for break and gas.
11:00AM – 1:30PM: Heading out to Ping’an Village Admire the stunning views of the rice terrace as your tour guide takes you up the mountain, which will be about 30 minutes. The car will park at the feet of the village. Sightseeing from here will require a little walking and climbing. If you’re not up to it physically, hire a sedan chair hoisted by the locals. Note: The arriving time will be either earlier or later, depending on the weather and road condition.
1:30:00PM: Lunch time
03:00PM: Trekking on Longji Rice Terrace Rome wasn’t built in one day, neither were the rice terraces in Longsheng. The construction of Longji Rice Terraces (龙脊梯田) started during the Yuan Dynasty, which is about 800 years ago, when the minority Yao people fled to the mountainous area away from war. They excavated long planting ranges for rice and turned the mountains into fertile fields with the stair-like mountain slopes working as a convenient and water storage and irrigation system.
04:30PM: Back to your hotel in Guilin After the tour, you will be on the road back to Guilin. Kick back for a 2-hour drive at the back seat. Arrive at your hotel in Guilin or whichever in city centre you want to be, ending this pleasant tour. If you have booked a Two River and Four Lakes Night Cruise with the tour guide, he/she will make sure you arrive at the pier on time.
1. This tour is not available during Oct.1, 2018- Oct.8, 2018, please choose other travel day for option.
2. Please book this tour at least 3 days ahead of your departure date, otherwise the availability is not guaranteed.
- Trekking up the Longji Rice Terrace
- A local meal at a minority village and try bamboo-tube rice
- Long-haired Yao women show you how they take good care of their hair while the Zhuang give you a warm welcome
- Hotel pickup and transfers with a 7-seater MPV
- A driver guide who has 5+ years of tour guide experience and 7+ years of driving experience
- No shopping
- Operates: Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Departs-Returns: 8:30am - 5pm
- Departure Point: Hotels in Guilin
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Languages: English
Price Per Person
- $ USD
- $ AUD
- $ CAD
- € EUR
- £ GBP
What's Included & Excluded
- Transported by an air-conditioned coach (maximum 53 seats) with an English-speaking guide and a driver
- Downtown hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to all Listed Attractions/Activities/Shows
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Tips to the guide and the driver(recommended)
- Personal expense
- Any meal not listed in the tour itinerary
- Any Attractions/Activities/Shows not Listed in the Tour Itinerary
Good to Know
- This is a group tour. Usually the group number will be around 10 people or more than that during peak seasons.
- Once you make the payment, you will get the confirmation letter within 24 hours.
- Your guide will contact you and confirm the exact pickup time and pickup place on the evening before the departure date.
- If your hotel is not located in the downtown area, your guide will tell you a hotel nearby where you will be picked up.
- The coach is comfortable and air-conditioned. The capacity of the coach may vary according to the exact group number on the tour date.
- You will stop at a shop but absolutely no forced shopping.
Our local experts are always ready to create you a hassle-free tour. Get an authentic experience by contacting one of our travel advisors.
86-773-286-5632 (Intl rates apply)