Day 1Longsheng Arrival
Our guide will pick up at your hotel. On the way to Terraced Rice Fields, you will visit Huangluo Yao village which is mentioned the Guinness Book of World Records for the village with the longest hair. Every woman in the village has very long hair with the longest nearly 75 inches. The villages with entertain with traditional folk performances.
Another 20 minutes drive, gets us to Terraced Rice Field at Huangluo Yao village. The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone". The entrance to the village is at half way up the mountain so you will need to climb along the track if you wish to go to the village and top of the mountain. It take about half an hour. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot at a cost of about CNY350 per person for round trip.
Stay over night in our hotel at the minority Ping'an village. A family visit in the village will provide a great insight in life and a bird's-eye view of the terrace fields.
Lunch is at a local restaurant. Try some local dishes, such as Roasted Bamboo Rice and fresh vegetables.
1. Wear suitable shoes and clothes.
2. Remember to bring water, sunscreen, sun-glasses, cap, etc.
3. May and September the best times to visit. May is the time when crop are irrigated and September is harvest time. Spring and autumn provide the best temperatures and humidity is lower.
- Meals: Lunch at Popular local restaurants with authentic Longsheng food
- Hotels: Longsheng Li An Lodge | Longji Terrace Ping'an Hotel (Qixing Banyue Viewing Desk)
Day 2Longsheng Departure
After breakfast, hike from Ping'an village to Dazhai Village which takes about 5 hours. Hiking through the terraced fields where the local people tend their crops and the beautiful village scenery will provide a snapshot of the lifestyle of the local people.
Lunch is arranged in a local restaurant.
After visiting, you will be transferred to the airport.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch at Popular local restaurants with authentic Longsheng food